Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Being at the Cobblestone has helped a Cobblestone student through socially hindering aspects of her disability

I have been a part of Cobblestone Arts Center since 2008. At first,I was nervous, but everyone was very welcoming and made me feel accepted. There are a mix of different people who come here. So it is not limited to certain type of person. The main focus is everyone focusing on having fun. It also helped me find a place where I could be myself and learn things at my own pace. The staff here is also accepting and knowledgeable. When i was a teenager I was diagnosed with aspergers syndrome,which is high functioning autism that hinders social skills. So growing up I was alone a lot. When I started here I was nervous about being alone again but I did end up finding talents I didn't know I had and I met a lot of people with similar interests. I enjoy public speaking, music, art, computers and horticulture in the years i spent here.

No comments:

Post a Comment